ROBING THE GLOBE
At the Birch’s Robe Factory, the main focus is on quality, customisation, craftsmanship and efficient service.
Due to the import disruptions caused by the second World War in 1940, Birch’s opened a specialist robe–making factory situated in the heart of frontier country, Grahamstown, South Africa. It was this decision that has since benefited many Birch’s clients, with their factory allowing the company to plan and manage production around customer’s specific requirements and minimum orders. With a recent investment in 1000 sqm warehouse extension, Birch’s has the infrastructure, and being the 3rd large employer in Grahamstown, Birch’s has the capacity and technical skill to maintain efficiency and timeous delivery without compromising on our quality.
With generations of skilled craftsmen at the Birch’s factory, you can be assured of their meticulous attention to detail, skillful fabric handling and stringent quality control. From sampling to final delivery, Birch’s will give you complete confidence in the brand.
Today Birch’s is the largest manufacturer of quality Academic, Legal, Municipal and Clerical gowns in South Africa; all of which are made to order.
Birch’s sourcing and production processes are structured to achieve value for money and a fast turnaround. As designers and official robe-makers to most of the tertiary institutions in South Africa, the company understands the importance of colours related to each institution and its various faculties.
Whether you require a specific trim, fabric or colour, Birch’s local and global sourcing systems offer clients a cost-effective, consistent solution that suits their exact technical and aesthetic requirements.
THE BIRCH’S OFFERING
- Graduation, Academic, Diploma and Ceremonial
- Academic hoods, diploma collars, stoles and scarves.
- Pulpit robes, Choir gowns, Baptismal gowns, Vestocks, Clerical Shirts and vests, Verger's gowns, Surplices for the Clergy, Cassocks, Capes, Cloaks, Chorister's Surplices, Albs, Clerical wear for Bishops, Gothic and Roman Vestments, Copes and Stoles.
- Pulpit falls are also available, as well as Coffin Palls.
- The Mayor's Robe
- The Mayor's Gloves
- The Mayor's Chain
- The Mayor's Hat
- Magistrate's Robe
- Advocate / Barrister's Robes
- Judge's Robes
To make your purchasing experience more convenient, kindly note the following is available upon request.
- On site measurements for individuals or large groups. Self-measurement forms available on request
- Custom robe design
- Fabric swatches
- Clerical catalogues and Legal and Municipal brochures